Dear Amazon FBA seller,
Selling on Amazon is simple.
Not easy. But simple.
There are only a few reasons why a product with demand isn’t selling on Amazon.
Here’s reason zero, because it goes before everything else.
0. Your product must have sufficient market demand.
This is a prerequisite.
If people don’t want your product, it’s dead on arrival, and nothing will help you become a great Amazon FBA seller. So nail your product research and make sure shoppers on Amazon are looking for your product.
Now we can move on to the 6 reasons –
Why Your Not Making Sales on Amazon
- You haven’t optimized your listing. This means your title, bullet points, backend search terms, price, or something else is off about your listing and you need to fix it.
- Your product photography is bad and looks low quality.
- Your product has poor social proof – you don’t have enough reviews or your reviews aren’t positive enough.
- Your product isn’t ranking for relevant keywords and therefore you aren’t ranking well in Amazon organic search.
- Your Amazon PPC is performing poorly.
- You don’t maintain adequate inventory levels so you run out of stock and lose your sales rank and have to start over when inventory comes back in stock.
The Solutions to Fix Your Amazon Sales Problems
Solutions are in order from problems 1-6 above.
- Optimize your listing! Rewrite your copy, do more keyword research, or adjust your price. Learn how to optimize your listing here.
- Pay for professional pictures and/or models for lifestyle photography. Hire a photographer and find a designer for help.
- Use an automated buyer email sequence on all orders, maintain product quality, and build your own email list. Remember to stay within Amazon’s Terms of Service when soliciting product reviews. Want more ideas for generating positive reviews? Ask us.
- Use a launch service, lower price to stimulate sales, or run a promotion to increase rank.
- Audit your PPC campaigns, improve your PPC skills, or hire a consultant to get help.
- Shore up your supply chain. Have contingency plans if you have problems with your supplier. Make sure you have enough working capital for purchase orders. And work on forecasting demand.
This is it. All of your Amazon FBA seller problems and solutions in a handy little blog post.
We know. It’s much easier to write a blog post about this than to actually sit down and make it happen.
To learn how to optimize your listing and improve Amazon SEO, check out this article here.
For help with product photography and images, contact us and we’ll tell you who we love working with.
The goal of this post is to SIMPLIFY the process and the issues that will arise.
Selling on Amazon isn’t complicated.
It can be frustrating at times to know exactly how and why a product isn’t selling well, but the reasons for poor performance are limited and straightforward.
You can approach these 6 problems with different solutions, but if you stay focused on these – the fundamentals, and not get distracted by things that don’t matter, you’ll be able to focus on solving these issues until you’re successful.
It’s important to remind yourself to not get bogged down in the details of selling on Amazon.
At a high level, selling is simple.
Not easy, but simple.
Keep pushing through the challenges with focused determination, and you will find success.